Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Take a Closer Look at Those Lids!

Chris from Canada wrote:
I really needed a caffeine fix this morning so I bought coffee at a McDonald's on the highway. The lid from the cup yielded three useful mini items: a 1:48 kitchen sink (the flip tab), and a pair of 1:12 ridged shallow bowls (??). All it took was a quick run-over with a craft knife to remove them neatly from the lid. The sink has to be painted of course, but the bowls could be left as is for brown ironstone. The bowls work for small bonsai and when inverted also would make nice lamp bases.
I rarely buy coffee, and it has been over 2 years since I last passed through the Golden Arches, but I may drop in a few more times over the coming months to collect a few more lids for my stash. BTW, their new coffee was good too.