A fun way to create a “holding area” for art until you find the right scene.
1. Modern Art
• Modern art would have paintings that could be made easily by painting paper with abstracts and framing.
• Google Mondrian, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cezanne, Seurat, Picasso
• Weird sculptures from clay. Use some of the funky stuff from the Dollar store that they have for hair ornaments.
• Sculptured hand (amputated from a doll) mounted on a wall.
• Hand chairs.
• Dali red lips couch.
2. Asian Art
• Plenty of Asian stuff on the web for hanging on walls – like kimonos, scrolls (download and resize),
• Make teapots Asian style.
• Buddha statues, and water fountains.
The picture in the link made me think about the incense burning figures of Buddha and dragons you sometimes see in Dollar stores.
• Small tables using elephants or tigers as the base?
• An open space with various statures and a garden.
• Roman statures with no arms, sitting lions,
• Ironwork sculptures - crumpled brown paper bag glued to a piece of cardboard shape .The shape is then coated on one side fairly thickly with glue. Then pass it over a candle flame, where it bubbles and collects soot>black. Then, Rub "n Buff was used to highlight the textured areas. Could you make iron sculptures this way? This guy seems to have some.
This is Ann Kozlick's museum roombox.
Artisans in Miniature Christmas-Winter Issue!
56 minutes ago